Friday, February 8, 2008

what's your flavor of the day....

i am totally a ben moore gal...maybe b/c the designer i worked under for seven years only used them and b/c its the only paint brand that gave me two complete designer sets to take to appointments. i could never do paints by purely using a fan deck. i thought i had my paint colors nailed down...got to the house i am working on and the yellow undertones in the preselected tile totally didn't feel right w/ some of the colors...back to square one. what are y'alls favorite colors right now?? i am leaning over to the colors w/ grey undertones but unfortunately that palatte won't work in this house. looks like paint will again dominant my day! have a wonderful weekend!

*my spell check no longer works when i write the post (kind of scary)...has this happened to y'all??

* i didn't stage that picture...and you are probably thinking what kind of designer is she...that tile is only in one tiny bathroon and its broken up into smaller tiles b/w big 18 x 18 ...got to go my daughter is using the blue prints as her new toy at this very moment!!!

3 comments:

CG said...

Colors I've used in my house recently are BM Davenport Tan and Palladian Blue-love both of them! I'm actually trying to find a nice green for my kitchen; do you have any that you have used in the past that you would recommend?

Anonymous said...

HI. Desiger in Austin again. I am totally a BM paint lover! I am into chocolate browns and smokey grays. Recently I've used mink for an upstairs hallyway, fairview taupe for a library and guest room, kendall charcoal for a master bath and dining room, i use ivory tusk for almost every kind of white (it has yellowy undertones), shenandoah taupe and taos taupe is also another favorite for cabinets and trim.

cotedetexas said...

Hi- I use Pratt and Lambert - I got started with them because they have this tiny, old fashioned store right down the street and bM was across town. Now BM is right here too, but I'm too familiar with PL to change now. Loving your blog today!!! that doesn't sound right - loving reading your blog on this lazy day.